Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Growing Wider


At our doctor appointment yesterday, I received the good news that I do not have Gestational Diabetes. My first glucose test had come back with high scores (what can I say? I've always wanted high scores before!), so I'd had to take a more extensive test that included fasting for twelve hours, drinking 100 mg of a terribly sweet substance called "glucola", and then have my blood tested four times over three hours. We pregnant people need to eat, so I'll just say that by noon (by then, no food for 16 hours) it's good that I was alone - I was pretty cranky!


Anyhow, that's over and I'm grateful that my test results came back normal - it seemed a bit cruel to have to give up ice cream so abruptly, when I'd waited so long to indulge. :) We've switched over to sugar-free ice cream, pudding, and cookies just to slow down the rapid weight gain, but I still get to eat carbs! (Thank goodness - Panera just opened up down the street!) Speaking of weight gain, I can officially say that for the first time since our freshman year in college, Jess and I weigh the same. Wow, I'm still processing that fact.

2 comments:

Pierre said...

WAHOO FOR NO GESTATIONAL DIABETES!!!! That's good news indeed.

However, in light of your current state, maybe you could choose another word beside "score."

Bendor family said...

SOOOO glad to hear that good news! Congrats and lots of love!
Sus